Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Home Sweet Home

We were discharged today and made it home!  We are looking forward to sleeping in our own beds, using our own showers, and most of all, giving Calleigh a sense of normalcy.  We will follow up with surgeons and oncologists next week.  We plan to rest and relax and try to re-establish our routine.  I know many people will want to visit and we would love to see you if Calleigh is up to it.  She became very overwhelmed the last couple of days in the hospital and became very frightened (understandably) by what was going on. She needs some space as she tries to process what has happened and what will come next.  Calleigh still has a lot of healing to do.  Please give either Lance or I a call and we will let you know when you are able to visit.  I can never thank you enough for all your support.  We know we have a long road ahead but we both feel a sense of peace and know that God will use this for His glory.
Now that we're home I thought I'd share a few pictures of Calleigh and our family for those of you who do not know us personally.  Thank you everyone for prayers.  We have felt them!





20 comments:

  1. So glad you're home! Praying for peace In little Calleigh's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit but I completely understand! I will check in with you guys next week. Just know that I love you very much and I am praying daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear u guys are home... Calleigh has been in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for the little Princess and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that y'all r home an still Praying for this little princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to here y'all are back home! Just know that God has a plan and it will be for his glory!! We will keep praying for y'all!

    Chris Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so glad y'all are home! Love and prayers are with you ><>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad y'all made it home today. May you all get some rest. Your LBBC and District One family continue to lift sweet Calleigh and your family up in prayers. May you feel God's presence through today and your days ahead. We love you guys. Lisa Pace and family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are all home. Continued prayers for your little girl and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keeping you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad y'all are home! Can I get an address to send cards? And if there is anything we can do just reach out... We will come running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers! What's your email? I'll send you our address.

      Delete
  12. Please know we are thinking and praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May God continue to wrap His healing arms around Calleigh

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad y'all are home. Prayers are covering Calleigh, Lance and you. When you have a moment please email me your address. (merrie.likes@proapw.com)
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brianna, Praise God that you're home. Now maybe you can get some real rest and Calleigh can settle in to her little routine. I'm just praying that God will keep His hand on each of you and give you peace and comfort and healing for Calleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We live locally and our daughter, Emily, was diagnosed with medulloblastoma Dec. 26th, 2012 and she had surgery to remove the tumor the next day. My daughter was 11 at the time and has just turned 13. She finished up her treatment in September and by God's grace, she is cancer free. While there is an age difference between our daughters, if you ever need someone to talk to, you can find me on Facebook under Angela Loyd Stansell.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clay and I are so glad to hear that his Calleigh is home! Please let us know if we can do anything.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brianna,
    I am so proud of the strength you are showing through this. I know it is just a testimony of your faith. I want you to know I join my faith with yours and am praying for you all. I know you have a strong support system but if there is ANYTHING I can do please do not hesitate to ask.
    Trish Beason

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mrs. Wright...Trinity and i just found out the other day. We are keeping Calleigh , you & your husband in our prayers.
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete