Monday, June 30, 2014

The Results and Plan

Thank you for your continued prayers and support for our family.  Calleigh has been moved from ICU to a regular room.  Her drain is out.  She still has a lot of swelling and we have some therapy issues that will need to be addressed.

God saved Calleigh and I know He has plans for all of this.  Unfortunately her tumor was malignant and will require further treatment.  Are we devastated?  Yes. Are we mad?  Yes.  No child should have to do this, but we will. It's all about Calleigh from here on out, not that it wasn't already. :) We are committed and prayer for a full recovery from this so she can continue on her with her life.  I keep trying to remind myself of the positives.  She is young and hopefully this will all be shadowy memories to her.  We have an incredible support system who is waiting on standby.  We know we cannot do this alone.  We covet your prayers going forward.
We have a preliminary path report and are waiting on the final path from Johns Hopkins.  The doctors anticipate she will start treatment in 4-6 weeks but we will not know what that entails until the doctors receive and analyze the results.  We will meet with them in a couple of weeks.

I have no idea what to even predict what will come next but I am placing my faith in Him and claiming this. I sang this song the night before surgery and I'll continue to sing it.

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” Genesis 28:15

Defender
Words and Music by: Travis Doucette

He is near to the broken
Close to the weary of heart
In His name is a refuge
A safety for the weak and discarded

There is help for the hopeless
For the wounded in need
In the presence of Jesus

There is power unleashed

Call upon the name of the Lord
He's our defender, our deliverer
A shelter in the midst of the storm
Jesus, our Savior
He is King over all

I will sing of my Redeemer
Testify to the touch of His hand
Lifted me from disaster
Set my feet on a solid rock to stand

God is our refuge, our strength and salvation
A mighty fortress is the Lord Almighty!
There is no equal, no power beside Him
Forever our champion is the Lord our God!



15 comments:

  1. I AM THE TRUTH: the One who came to set you free. As the Holy Spirit controls your mind and actions more fully, you become free in Me. You are increasingly released to become the one I created you to be. This is a work I can do in you as you yield to My Spirit. I can do My best handiwork when you sit in the stillness of My Presence, focusing your entire being on Me.

    Let My thoughts burst freely upon your consciousness, stimulating abundant Life. I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. As you follow Me, I lead you along paths of newness: ways you have never imagined. Don’t worry about what is on the road up ahead. I want you to find your security in knowing Me, the One who died to set you free.

    John 8:32 – “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

    Philippians 2:13 – “for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.”

    John 14:6 – “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Corinthians 12:9, constantly in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all! Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lifting all of you up in prayer! Our God can do mighty things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for all three of you daily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying for all three of you on a daily basis! Please know that we love you so very much! Anything you all need, just let us know!
    Psalms 16:8
    8 I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry and I are lifting you in prayer to the Great God of the universe Who is Able to do all things!!! You are all very precious to us! Susan Kercher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gary and I are praying for all of you every day. Our God is a Mighty God and he is holding Calleigh in His arms. Psalms 121 - "I lift my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth...He will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you ...both now and forevermore."

    ReplyDelete
  9. God is in control! I know it's hard to understand but just keep telling yourself that "all things work together for good to them that love The Lord." We are praying and will continue. Christie Mahaffey and family

    ReplyDelete
  10. "God is so good and is bigger than any diagnosis"..
    Prayers that God will restore Calleigh to complete and perfect health. Stay encouraged and I am truly praying with and for all of you. God Bless you and much love!
    Janet Massey Jones

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say rejoice. Do not be anxious about anything. but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil.4: 4-7

    This is my go to verse and I pray that it will give you peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for this sweet little girl Calleigh!! Knowing that our Lord and Savior is in control and watching over her and protecting her. We know all things are possible through Christ and that He is the Great Physician. Know that my Pray Warriors are lifting Calleigh and the rest of the family up in Prayer and are Praying for complete healing and for a long happy and joyful life ahead. He has sheltered her this far we know he has great plans for her in the future. God Bless you Calleigh and all the family. Sending Hugs and Love to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can count on my prayers throughout this entire journey. When Jorja spends the night with me we include her friends in her prayers but we will add extras for Calleigh going forward. I have faith that while this is a difficult journey... He does not intend to harm her or her family. But, has big plans of greatness ahead for sweet Calleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our whole family and everyone we have come in contact with is praying for you all. If you need anything let us know.
    Love you all,
    Tina Stewart and Family

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for all three of you ,but especially that sweet little Calleigh.

    ReplyDelete