Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Neurosurgery Follow-up

We saw Dr. Hodge this afternoon. He was the neurosurgeon who performed Calleigh's surgery. He removed stitches from her drain site and checked her incision. Everything is healing well and he seemed pleased with her increase in oral motor skills. He expects that if she continues to progress this quickly that she will completely recover. We received the final pathology report from Johns Hopkins and she is officially diagnosed with medulloblastoma. They will discuss her case before the tumor board tomorrow so hopefully we will have some idea of a treatment plan at our Thursday appointment with Dr. Bryant. I feel at peace with her diagnosis. I read in Hebrews this morning:
"Today, if you hear his voice do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.”
I feel like God is telling me to let go of this and give it to Him and I'm learning hard lessons of not being prideful and relinquishing control. 
Calleigh talked the doctor'a ears off. She asked him why he had no hair and then said she was ready for ice cream. She's getting stronger everyday!
I ordered this the day of her surgery after we received the initial pathology report. Gray is the color for brain tumors. 

4 comments:

  1. Still lifting all of you in prayer and praying for her to continue you on a speedy road to complete recovery. Praying for more answers when you go to the other doctor on Thursday. Sending you all love and prayers and hugs. Standing Strong in Prayer with you. LU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying or you guys and Calleigh! May God continue to work in great ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please know that Brent and I continue to lift you all in prayer. God bring you strength and peace. He is the great healer and I know he will heal your sweet girl. If there is anything at all that we can do..... Our thoughts remain with you.

    Amy & Brent Driggers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your family. My daughter Ainsley was in her class and has been praying for her friend :) She has colored something for her and I would like to mail it if possible. How could I go about doing that? Thanks for the updates and LOVE the necklace!

    ReplyDelete